go to System >> Setting >> edit
The general tab under Settings displays the following fields:
- Store URL: The url of the store. Remember to include the ‘http:’ in the beginning and a ‘/’ at the end.
- Store Name: The name of the store. This information will be displayed in the Contact Us page under the Customer Service section of the footer.
- Store Owner: The name used in the “From:” section of any email sent from the store.
- Address: The address of the store. This information will be displayed in the Contact Us page under the Customer Service section of the footer.
- E-mail: The store owner’s email, or general email for the store, to be used for email notifications sent by OpenCart.
- Telephone: A telephone number for the store. This information will be displayed in the Contact Us page under the Customer Service section of the footer.
- Fax (optional): A fax number for the store. This information will be displayed in the Contact Us page under the Customer Service section of the footer.
The store tab under Settings displays the following fields:.
- Title: The name for the store to be displayed in the browser title toolbar.
- Meta Tag Description: A tag providing a metadata description for the store. Meta tags are seen by search engines.
- Template: Selects the template/theme of the store. OpenCart only has one, “default”. Themeforest is a great resource for discovering 3rd party templates for OpenCart.
- Default Layout: The default layout type for the store.
The local tab under Settings displays the following fields:
- Country: The country the store is located in.
- Region/State: The region or state the store is located in.
- Language: The language that the store front will be displayed in.
- Administration Language: The language that the administration of the store will be displayed in.
- Currency: The default currency prices will be displayed in.
- Auto Update Currency: Updates the conversion rate between different currencies daily.
- Length Class: The units that product lengths will be displayed in.
- Weight Class: The units that product weights will be displayed in.
The local tab under Settings displays the following fields: Items, Products, Vouchers, Taxes, Account, Checkout, Stock, Affiliates, Returns:
- Default Items Per Page (Catalog): The number of Catalog items that can be displayed in the store front. For example, a ‘5’ will set a default view of 5 products to be displayed at a time per Product Category page or Manufacturer page. The customer can customize how many products can be viewed at a time in “Show” above the product list or grid. In the store front, this number of items per page will alter how many products are viewed in the Product Category page, the Manufacturer Page, and the Search page.
- Default Items Per Page (Admin): The number of Admin items that can be displayed in the administration. For example, a ’10’ will limit the number of customers listed under Sales > Customers to 10 displayed per page. This setting will affect the number items per page under Catalog > Products, Attributes, Options, Manufacturers, Downloads, Reviews, Information; Sales > Orders, Returns, Customers, Affiliates, Coupons, Gift Vouchers; System > Layouts, Banners, Users, Localisation; and Reports > Sales, Products, Customers, Affiliates. The only way to change how many items viewed per page is under this tab.
- Category Product Count: Selecting ‘Yes’ will display how many products are available within each subcategory of the parent categories located in the Top Menu.
- Allow Reviews: Selecting ‘Yes’ allows customers to add reviews for products on their product pages. Selecting ‘No’ will remove this option from the product page.
- Allow Downloads: Selecting ‘Yes’ lets customers download a downloadable product from the store after confirming the purchase.
- Allowed Upload File Extensions: This option lets the customer upload specific file types to their order. This may be used when the store owner needs the user to upload a file to personalize a product. If you need a picture file for the order, you could type in “jpg”, “gif”, or “png” to let the customer upload a image in that format. Leaving this option blank will not let the customer upload any file type. If they try to upload a file from the upload button on the product page, they will receive the “Invalid file type!” message.
- Voucher Min:The minimum amount that a customer can enter to purchase a gift voucher. The number added will be counted in the default currency.
- Voucher Max:The maximum amount that a customer can enter to purchase a gift voucher. The number added will be counted in the default currency.
- Display Prices With Tax: Selecting ‘Yes’ will display the estimated tax on the product’s page under Price. Selecting ‘No’ will not show the customer the price of taxes until the checkout.
- VAT Number Validate: Validate the VAT identification number if the store is based in the EU.
- Use Store Tax Address: The tax estimate will use either the store’s shipping or payment address if the user isn’t logged into their account with their address information.
- Use Customer Tax Address: The tax estimate will use the customer’s shipping or payment address if they are logged into their store account.
- Customer Group: Select the default customer group that a customer will be sorted into when they create an account. To edit a customer’s customer group, see Customers.
- Customer Groups: Lets the customer select what customer group to be assigned to when first creating their account.
- Login Display Prices: Selecting ‘Yes’ will require the user to create a customer account to see the prices of products in the store. Selecting ‘No’ will let anyone with access to the store see the product prices.
- Display Weight on Cart Page: Selecting ‘Yes’ will display the weight of a product at the top of the Checkout page. For the weight to be displayed, there needs to be a weight number added to the product under its Data tab. See Products for more information.
- Guest Checkout: Selecting ‘Yes’ enables users to go through the checkout process without creating a store account. Selecting ‘No’ requires the user to create a store account before checking out.
- Checkout Terms: Selecting an Information page listed in the drop down box forces the user to agree to the terms of that page in “Step 6: Confirm Order” of checkout. Selecting ‘None’ lets the customer confirm their order without agreeing to any terms.
- Order Editing: the amount of days that the admin is allowed to edit the order in the administration. See Orders for information on how to edit an order.
- Invoice Prefix: Adds a prefix to each invoice order. OpenCart will add an incremental number to the end of the prefix for every invoice. For more information on how to print an invoice, see Orders.
- Order Status: the default status of every order after the customer confirms in checkout. The customer can view the status of their order in the store front under My Account > My Orders. The status can be edited in the Order section. See Orders for more information.
- Complete Order Status: the default status for a complete order.
- Display Stock: the amount of product left in the store inventory.
- Show Out Of Stock Warning: displays the an Out of Stock warning on the product page in the store front, if the store is out of that particular order. A product will be out of stock if its quantity in the Data tab reaches 0. It will reach 0 if the subtract stock option is selected. This option subtracts a stock with every purchase of the product. See Products for more information.
- Stock Checkout: lets the customer checkout a product if it is out of stock.
- Out of Stock Status: lets you choose “2-3 Days”, “In Stock”, “Out of Stock”, “Preorder”.
- Affiliate Terms: makes an affiliate agree to the terms on one of the Information pages in order to make an affiliate account.
- Affiliate Commission (%): the default percentage an affiliate will make from a customer purchase.
- Return Status: the default status a customer will see in their account after submitting a return form under Customer Service > Returns; displays either “Awaiting Products”, “Completed”, or “Pending”.
The Image tab under Settings customizes the default images for the store:
- Store Logo: Upload a store logo from the store or the admin’s computer using Image manager.
- Icon: Upload a favicon for the store using Image manager.
- Image Sizes: Lets you customize the pixel width by length for specific images in the store front.
The mail tab under Settings displays the following fields:
- Mail Protocol: Lets you choose between sending mail to the host’s email, or through an SMTP. You should contact your shop’s hosting provider to see if configure PHP mail. If not, you need to use a SMTP, such as gmail.
- Mail Paramaters: Asks for the e-mail address for the store if “Mail” was selected under Mail Protocol.
- SMTP Host: The address of the smtp host.
- SMTP Username: The full email address for the SMTP host
- SMTP Password
- SMTP Port: The port number provided by the SMTP host.
- SMTP Timeout: A timeout number provided by the SMTP host.
- New Order Alter Mail: Selecting ‘Yes’ will send a notification email for every order submitted in the store front.
- New Account Alert Mail: Selecting ‘Yes’ will send a notification email for every account created in the store front.
- Additional Alert E-mails: List any additional e-mails that should also receive the notification emails above.
The server tab under Settings displays the following fields:
- Use SSL: Enable HTTPS on your store. This requires a valid SSL certificate installed on your webserver.
- Used Shared Sessions: Enables session information stored from the shopping cart to be shared between multiple domains/stores.
- Robots: Add or remove bot user agents from accessing shared sessions.
- Use SEO URL’s: Enable OpenCart’s SEO keyword functionality for information, category, manufacturer and product pages. This requires a correct .htaccess file.
- Allowed File Extensions: Add or remove the file formats that can be uploaded to your store’s server.
- Allowed Mime Types: Add or remove allowed mime types.
- Allow Forgotten Password: Allows admin to request a new password if it is forgotten.
- Maintenance Mode: Restrict viewing your store front to logged in admin users while you make changes to your store.
- Encryption Key: Enter a combination of numbers and letters to encrypt private information.
- Outpout Compression Level: The level of HTTP compresion to be used in your HTTP headers.
- Display Errors: Whether to display the PHP errors, warnings and notices produced by your store. This should be set to “No” for a live store.
- Log Errors: Whether to log PHP errors, warnings and notices produced by your store.
- Error Log Filename: If Log Errors is set to “Yes”, the file where errors will be logged.
- Google Analytics: Enter the code provided for the store site from the store’s Google Analytics account here.
The Fraud tab under Settings allows you to sign up to use the MaxMind Fraud Detection System for OpenCart. Visit MaxMind for more information.