When you have products, you’ll want to add a few featured products to your homepage.
By default, featured products is already set to your home page. But in case that didn’t happen or you’re not starting from scratch.
You can also set special and best sellers or featured products. We’ll use featured images for the instructions.
- Go to extensions > modules
- Next to featured you will see 2 buttons. If it’s not installed, and the left button is green, click install.
- Now click to the pencil button to edit.
- Add the name of the featured module. We used “home page” in our example
- Manually type in the name of the products you want to show as featured in the top input box.
- Add the limit of products
- Make the image height and width 400px
- Then save (top right corner of page)
No Come to Flipkart Menu > Carousel > Today’s Special and Click on edit in same row or Create New
The Carousel module allows you to display items (products, categories, images) in a single row fashion with the ability to indicate how many items should be visible in a row. The module supports single and multiple tabs (or sections), each with its own set of items.
The Carousel module can be added to any layout in all positions.
To create a Carousel module access it and click on the Create New button or edit existing so that you dont have to focus on small things..
- 1 Module Name – This is the module name that will appear on the Add to Layout page.
- 2 Module Type – Indicate what type of Carousel Module you want to create. You can showcase Products, Categories or Brands. The Category type will display category images from Catalog > Categories > Data > Image. The Brand type will display the brand images (logos) from Catalog > Manufactures > Image.
- 3 Items per Row - Indicate how many items (products, categories or brands) you want visible per row for each resolution. Resize your browser down to see how the module adapts to each breakpoint. Adjust all sliders to achive your desired layout for each resolution.
- 4 Arrows – Optional left / right arrows that slide the hidden items into view.
- 5 Bullets – Optional bullets displayed below the carousel module.
- 6 Hide Title Bar – You can hide the title bar if you have a single carousel in the module without multiple tabs. Useful for when you want to display a set of brand logos and don’t need the title bar.
- 7 Autoplay – Automatically starts the carousel.
- 8 Pause on Hover – Stops the carousel from sliding if you hover over the module.
- 9 Transition Delay – If Autoplay, the duration a slide is visible before advancing to the next one.
- 10 Transition Speed – The speed of the slide transition.
- 11 Disable on Mobile – Optionally disable the module on mobile devices.
- 12 Touch Drag – Enable or disable the horizontal swiping with the finger.
- 1 Background – Background Settings for the Top or Bottom container holding the module.
- 2 Fullwidth - Can make the module fullwidth to extend to 100% of the browser width, past the limits of the site container.
- 3 Margin – Optionally add top and bottom margins to the module.
- 1 Section Title – This is the title that will appear in your store for each tab. If you don’t write a title you will see Not Translated so give each tab a title.
- 2 Section Type – This is where you indicate what products the module will display. You can automatically populate carousels with products from the default Opencart modules such as Featured, Bestsellers, Specials, Latest any Category or Brand, as well as Random products from your entire store or a particular category, and of course Custom products added one by one.
- 3 Module Type – If you chose Module in the Section Type above you can now choose which set of products should be automatically added to your carousel. If you choose Category, Brand, Random or Custom you will be presented with the auto-complete selector which automatically finds the source for you. Note that the Featuredmodule type is dependend on the Opencart Featured module found in Extensions > Modules > Featured. If that module is not installed and does not have a set of products added to it, it won’t work here either. The Featured module is thus redundant because it’s based on products added manually in the Opencart module which you could manually add here in a Custommodule type which you can name Featured.
- 5 Status - Turn tab on/off (for multiple tabbed carousels).
- 5 Default Section – Indicate whether this tab should be the one visible (for multiple tabbed carousels).
- 6 Item Limit – Limit the number of products displayed. For example you have a section type Random and only want to show 5 random products per tab.
- 7 Sort Order – Move tabs before or after other tabs.
Once you’re done creating the module click Save and a new button called Add to Layout will appear. Click this button to return to the Add to Layout page and add the module you’ve just created to a layout.
- 1 Add – This button allows you to add the module to a layout. The same module may be added to different layouts and positions.
- 2 Edit – This button accesses the module page where you can modify or delete it.
- 3 Layout – This is where you choose the layout on which the module will appear.
- 4 Position – This is where you indicate the position on which the module will appear. Flipkart introduces 2 new positions Top and Bottom which allow for very creative possibilities as the supported modules can extend to the full width of the browser window and have their own background settings (color or image/pattern) as well as top and bottom margins to create contrasting sections of content.
- 5 Status – Turn the module ON / OFF.
- 6 Sort Order – If you need multiple modules in the same Position this allows you to indicate which one appears on top of the other.
- 7 Remove – This removes the module from your page but it does not delete it. To delete a module click the Edit button and then the Delete button.