Connecting the administration
Administration side of the store is where you can modify features, upload images, add products, keep track of customers, manage payments, and much more. Customization in the admin affects how the customer will interact with a store: by modifying the look, structure, and content of the store front.
Accessing the admin panel
If your store is located at “www.Your-Domain-Name.com”, your admin panel is located at “www.Your-Domain-Name.com/admin“.
Enter the username and password that you have used while creating a store with kharedi.in, or Check your email for Order Confirmation mail from kharedi.in containing admin username and password.
After filling in the correct username and password, pressing the “Login” button will direct you to the dashboard. When you first login to your shop, the dashboard will be blank (as seen below), because there isn’t any statistical data to be analyzed yet.
Entering the administration through the Dashboard
The dashboard is the first thing you will see when entering OpenCart’s admin. The main function of the dashboard is to give the shop owner an overview of how the shop is performing. There are 3 sections of the dashboard that can help you understand the statistical data collected by your store:
- Overview:There are four chart showing the status of your website. They are Total Orders, Total sales, Total Customers and People Online which help you to easier to know the analytics.
- World Map:A world map to show where the orders from your website were coming from.
- Sales Analytics:A graph is provided to track the chronological progress of the store relative to the amount of orders and customers over time. The x value is time; which can be hours, days, or months depending on the range selected. The y value displays the number of total orders(yellow) and total customers(blue).
- Recent Activity:A section to check the recent activity from any customer from your store such as login, creating account or placing new orders.
- Latest Orders:A list that displays the last orders and their details (“Order ID”, “Customer”, “Status”, “Date Added”, “Total”, and “Action”)
Above the dashboard in the top menu is the administration navigation. You can navigate between the “Catalog”, “Extensions”, “Sales”, “System”, “Reports”, and “Help”. These sections will be explained in further detail in the following sections of the User Guide.